Thursday, February 16, 2012

speech tonight

i gave my first really major speech tonight in speech class.  i was totally unprepared.  i researched my ideas today on my lunchbreak at work.  i made a powepoint in 7 minutes.  i was just going to "wing it" like i usually do, cuz im good at that stuff.  i had a teacher in high school who taught us how to wing formal presentations with ease.
anyway, i pull into the parking lot of the college after work, and think to myself: oh fuck me with a chainsaw i forgot to email my powerpoint to myself so i could access it for class...  i didnt have time to go back to work and grab it, so i did what any self respecting nerd would do in this situation: i got on my smartphone and made a new powerpoint presentation :)  i must say, i felt pretty boss for pulling that off.
anyway, i get up and do my speech.  i was afraid i wasnt going to make the minimum time allowed.  i start talking and keep going, and it was a breeze.  i passed the minimum time mark, and ended like a boss.
can we say NAILED IT?
anyway, now im sitting here shaking because i havent eaten a thing since noon and am malnourished from the day and hopped up on mountain dews cuz i was nervous from the speech.  with that, i must depart to consume some hamburger helper and hopefully stop shaking.

Hugs and chainsaws,
Lazer

2 comments: